S’Cool LAB is an international out-of-school hands-on learning laboratory for high-school students at CERN, Geneva, Switzerland. During workshops in S’Cool LAB, students (age group 16-19) work with high-tech equipment to independently perform modern physics experiments that are linked to CERN’s technologies and physics. Students’ conceptions about modern physics experiments, their satisfaction with their visit of S’Cool LAB as well as their learning gain are continuously evaluated in the framework of dissertation project in Physics Education Research to ensure the development of meaningful learning activities.
The success of S’Cool LAB is based on a young and dynamic team, in which you would play an integral part assisting with the daily operations and managing of S’Cool LAB. The assigned tasks include:
- managing S'Cool LAB bookings in collaboration with CERN’s Visits Service
- communication with teachers and students
- organisation of S'Cool LAB Summer CAMP and other events
- managing technical equipment orders, hotel bookings, travels
- support for S’Cool LAB activities
- Very good written and oral communication skills in English
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- Team working
- Physics / Physics Education background would be an advantage
- Fluency in other languages would be an advantage
This is a great opportunity to gain practical experience in providing administrative support in a dynamic particle physics education environment whilst improving managerial skills within an international organization.