Are you a science communicator and would like to apply your skills in the dynamic environment of CERN and an international community of particle physicists? We are looking to recruit a scientific outreach officer who would work in CERN's education, communication and outreach group (IR-ECO), and who would contribute to CERN's outreach activities and support the International Particle Physics Outreach Group (IPPOG) as a scientific secretary and coordinator.
Among your tasks will be:
- Organising of IPPOG meetings (preparation, minutes, follow up actions)
- Supporting the IPPOG collaboration (assisting chairpersons)
- Developing and maintaining IPPOG educational resource database
- Participating in outreach activities of the IR-ECO group
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Result oriented
- Very good speaking and writing skills in English
- Scientific background in (particle) physics would be an advantage
Developing organisational, management and communication skills in a challenging international research environment. Increasing knowledge about CERN's science, technology and international collaboration, as well as different methods for successful scientific outreach.