CERN Teacher Programmes are a great opportunity for high-school teachers to experience the atmosphere of frontier research at the LHC, meet with scientists and teaching colleagues from all over the world, and find new ideas on bringing modern physics into the classroom.
There are two types of programmes:
The High School Physics Teacher Programme
It is a comprehensive international course held in English, aimed at teachers who would like to spend the first three weeks of July at CERN. You can find more information on our dedicated HST website.
The National Teacher Programmes
They are held in one of the national languages of CERN Member States. These programmes are also open for teachers from other countries (including non-member states) speaking the same language. Teacher programmes for participants from non-member states can also be organized, but are only held in their national language if competent lecturers speaking this language are available. Click here to find out more about their content.
The Teacher and Student Programmes section is a young and dynamic unit, in which you would play an integral part assisting with the daily operations and helping the Teacher Programme manager.
The assigned tasks include:
- Managing room bookings and CERN online planning platform (Indico)
- Coordinating the communication with the national contacts under the supervision of the TP manager
- Coordinating the organisation of visits with the visits’ service
- When needed, helping with visa requests
- Follow-up of the programmes in general
- English required, French and/or German would be of advantage
- Good sense of organization
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office package
- Adaptability and capacity of working in a team but also independently
- Good communication skills
This is a great opportunity to gain practical experience in providing administrative support in a dynamic environment whilst improving managerial skills within an international organization.