Join the team organising CERN’s Open Days in 2019 to showcase achievements of the largest particle physics research lab in the world.
You will join the Health and Safety Unit to give support to the Open Days’ team in charge of the general safety for the Open Days 2019.
- Support the Core Team for the Open Days 2019 (to take place mid-September 2019) as concerns all safety aspects
- Manage data gathering for all documents linked to safety, follow-up the documentation and handle the technical reports
- Support Open Day site managers and volunteers in complying with safety requirements for assigned areas, both before and during the Open Days
- Support the Safety team of the Open Days in presentations and organisation of meetings,
- Liaise with the various CERN internal services
- Contribute to establishing a good overview of the status of the different safety sub-projects, provide feedback on challenging situations and advise the Core Team accordingly
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong initiative
- Ability to learn and to work with different software packages
- Capacity to work in a multiple-tasks approach
- Good interpersonal skills
- Experience in event organisation would be an asset
- Excellent command of English and French
This vacancy is within the Administrative Student Programme, within which students can spend a training period of 2 to 12 months during the course of their studies (Bachelor or Master). An extension of up to a maximum of 14 months may be given. The earliest possible start date is 1 February 2019.