Come and join us where it all began: CERN is the birthplace of the World Wide Web and the world's largest particle physics laboratory.
We are looking for a technical student to join CERN's web team for one year, starting in Q1 of 2020. The selected student will share our work and take part in design and development sprints in a role combining web development and site management.
- Develop and maintain CERN Drupal modules and themes
- Develop and maintain web applications and services (using Django, React and Openshift)
- Manage Drupal websites
- Migrate non-Drupal websites (IIS, Sharepoint) to Drupal
- User-experience design and testing
- Support the CERN Drupal community
- Experience in developing web applications
- Experience with web Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress, Drupal)
- Knowledge of Git version control system
- Experience with web application frameworks (e.g. Django) would be a plus
- Experience in developing with virtualised infrastructure (e.g. Openshift) would be a plus
At the end of your studentship you will be able to understand the lifecycle of a web application from concept to production. You will be able to develop web applications using the most popular and modern tools and programming languages. Finally, you will gain lots of experience by having the unique opportunity to work in a multinational, multidiscipline and diverse environment.